I made this recipe twice now, but both times it came out amazing. I promise you can make this, even if you suck at soup! It’s so easy!
- One container of fresh mushrooms (I like portobellos)
- 2 pats of butter
- 1 bullion cube (I used chicken because that’s what I had on hand)
- 3-4 slices white American Cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk (may need more or less depending on your preferred consistency of soup)
- Salt, pepper,
- Granulated onion
- Granulated garlic
- Blender or food processor
- Saucepan (I used a 3 quart)
In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat to melt. Dice mushrooms up into evenly sized small pieces and add to pan. Season to taste with salt, pepper, onion and garlic and cover. When mushrooms are cooked through (roughly 5-10 minutes), add bullion and milk. Crumble slices of cheese and add to pot, stirring consistently. The cheese will melt pretty readily, and once it does, reduce heat so the bottom doesn’t scorch. Carefully pour into the blender and cover. Pulse until the soup is creamy. Return to pot, add more milk if desired. Serve immediately, or freeze.